CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 5, 2012

"He's Famous!"

Friday afternoon, March 2nd my kids and I were in the kitchen listening to KTMP and none other than Mr. Caleb Gray came on!  I knew this was going to happen, but my kids did not and they were so giddy and excited when they head Kerry Hobbs announce, "And now we have a special treat this afternoon.  We have Mr. Caleb Gray in here today.....".  Their reaction was, "Is he talking about Caleb? He's famous" over and over again.  He was on for about 20 mins.  I have attached a small edited version and one of his two songs he played. 

 



We played at The Angry Bull that night. He plays for about 87% of the time (almost four hours) and I jump in and fill in the rest with my hammered dulcimer and also as his "June Cash" when we sing Johnny and June Cash.

Check out that new sweet vintage microphone that works for both us to sing into at the same time. It is so clear! 


Below are some video's of Caleb singing/playing his guitar.

This one below is at the 2011 Box Elder Co. Fair up in Tremonton last fall.  This is best friend Logan on the banjo. This was the last time he played with him, unfortunately Logan passed away  a week later in a car accident when he went into diabetic shock while driving.  This song "Wagon Wheel" has a whole new meaning to him now.  

Caleb has a raw talent of learning songs by ear and picking them out without sheet music.  He knew this was my Dad's favorite song by his favorite artist, Brenn Hill.  He learned it all by ear by listening to it over and over again and then played it for my Dad for Christmas when he came up for New Years.  My Dad was very impressed to say the least.  The picking sounds identical to Brenn Hill.


This is one of my favorites.  You can guarantee that every time Caleb is over with his guitar, these two are going to have some form of a jam session. He is so very patient with her and that electric guitar that just won't stay in tune for more than a minute.  She loves the first song they play which is, "Love you forever" by the Beatles.  Caleb played this song for me late one night so gently and perfectly.  It was the first time he has made me cry for him on his guitar.

I recorded him playing with his new toy that adds back up vocals to your voice through the mic. when he pushes the button with his left foot on the floor.  I tell him it's cheating.  It's a tricky toy.  It is not very forgiving and hard to use if you are not on perfect pitch. 

2 comments:

Jake said...

Next stop Nashville. Caleb is uber talented and I love listening to him, but nextime we need another 14%-17% Amanda.

Amanda Lee said...

I agree! I will pass that percentage along to Gray. Thanks for coming that night, it was good times!