CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 26, 2012

My Mini Waspette

This little girl of mine is absolutely adorable.  I wish I could freeze her at this age.  She is my little buddy.  The one good thing that has come from not  homeschooling again this year is the quality time I get to have with this little one.  She never fails to give you loves and hugs.  She says the sweetest things at the most perfect time.  I wonder some days how kids know when us Mom's need to hear that we are loved, needed, and appreciated.  She tells me I am her bestest friend.  I just hope we can stay close to help get us through those teenage years.

That pointy little chin of hers (and that Thomas has too) is very much a Bowman trade mark. 

 This is basically how our afternoon's go down.  She can't get changed fast enough after school to something more her style.  Lately is has been cowboy (not cowgirl mind you). Two weeks ago is was a baseball player and before that it was a football player.  I never really have made her dress too girly, except on Sundays.  I like that she knows what she likes, even though some days she looks absolutely crazy.


 This day she went to the dentist and as soon as we got to the front desk to pay and check out she asked me to pull her hair back. She couldn't get changed quick enough when we got home. 

Mini Waspette Camp
The last time Lydia did any for of dance class was when she was 3.  I had to drag her to class and the only way she would go was if she could take her brothers super hero's with her.  She never put them down and always danced with Superman or Batman.  After six months of this I finally took her out.  She was miserable.  I figured sports would be her route.  I still think it will be, but her babysitter Haily (show in the picture above) stopped by one day to ask her is she wanted to sign up for this drill team camp they were putting on for a fundraiser.  Lydia told her no at the door.  I told her YES.  It couldn't have been more perfect for her.  This is what she needed to like dance again.  The went for three days after school.  Learned one dance, and then performed them that Friday night,.  Mark and I took the kids. They had a good time and I was so proud of her. 



Mark and Lydia


 Lydia and her tough girl stance.  She insisted on wearing her cowboy boots.  The danced bare feet so I was ok with that.


 Lydia and Momma

Mark and the kids waiting for the program to start.  We had to get there an hour early to get good seats. 

VIDEO BELOW



3 comments:

Jake said...

She totally looks like you in one of those pictures. Loved the dance.

Amanda Lee said...

Thanks Mr. Beckstrand!

Carolyn Jones said...

Thanks for the post. Lydia looks like she had a great time. Love that little girls so much. Grandma Carolyn