CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

July 19, 2010

Pageant Judge

I'm in heaven:) I was asked to be one of the five judges for the "Miss Utah County Pageant" on August 7, 2010. This pageant is franchised with Miss America, which is a scholarship pageant (NOT Miss USA:). I was the Director of Miss Santaquin Pageant for a few years and after much stress I was able to get the city of Santaquin pageant franchised with Miss America. This allows the winners to go on and compete for the tittle of Miss Utah and then Miss American. Once you are a Director, you are put in the judges circle. I was honored, excited, and shocked to be asked to judge this pageant. Miss Utah County is a prestigious pageant. The girls have to already have a tittle (crown). This pageant t includes all the talented girls from BYU and UVU. The past two Miss Utah Counties went on to win at state for Miss Utah and Compete for Miss America. Lifestyle and fitness in swimwear accounts for 15 percent, evening wear represents 20 percent, talent displays are worth 35 percent, a private interview determines 25 percent and the on-stage question makes up the final 5 percent.


Now, WHAT TO WEAR???


I need a professional outfit for the closed private interviews that morning and then a more formal outfit for the public evening competition. Mom suggested I wear the biggest fluffiest evening gown ever, lol. Can you imagine? That made me giggle. Here are the two outfits below that I picked out.








I know, I didn't smile much, but the other pictures where much worse. Just look at the dress:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

super super cute
I would break my head open with those shoes - you are talented to stay upright in my eyes!

rachel

Kristin said...

Wow! That is very cool! What an honor. You will have so much fun. I like both dresses, especially the last one. And I love the glasses.

Tisa said...

I would pick the first one for sure, the skirt looks really good, it is more sleek and you look like you mean business.