CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 24, 2010

Decorating the Chrsitmas tree, 2010

Wow, where did this year go? It flew by so fast. I felt like I had just put down my Christmas decorations as I was pulling them back out again. Oh how I love this time of year. Growing up us Bowman kids had a a fake tree with big chunky red bulbs, big shiny red apples, and red bows. When I first got married Mark called it the "red devil tree". Thankfully Mom was not offended and we all chuckle at it now. I never grew up with a real xmas tree, Mark did and he wanted to continue that. I never thought I would like these tall skinny ones, but that has been our choice for six years now and The taller/skinner the better. This year it topped out at 15 feet again. It's a beast to decorate, but it looks so pretty in the end.

Thomas was not interested in helping out this year. William and Lydia couldn't wait. And of coarse Marley had to help.





If Marley is not in her kennel she is on Lydia hip. She loves this little thing...


William helping. After they went to bed I had to shift most of the decorations upwards and re situate them. They haven't noticed yet.




On behalf of my dear friend Angela, I would like to introduce the Griswold's Christmas tree. One of these days I just know we are going to find a squirrel or a birds nest.


A few extras...
We do this about once a week when we are over loaded with laundry from the third floor. I call and they come, get in position and I dump every dirty piece of laundry on their heads. Sadly, they get much joy from this. It ends up with them placing underwear on their heads as they slide down the stairs and then their job it to get it all into the laundry room. Now, if I can get them to sort colors correctly...



Just painting for "art" for home-school. It was finger painting but they all whined about getting their fingers dirty. I guess that defeats the point of using finger paints.


0 comments: