CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 2, 2010

Battle of Payson, Arizona

This was my first reenacment without my Dad and it went so good!!! Stressful to keep up with the kids and still do music and so forth. Next time Mark will be with me and that will make it a much more easier.

This was the second year they had done this reenactment in Payson Arizona. They had two skirmishes during the day. We had about 15-20 on each side, and for the most part they “recycled” them from behind the buildings to seem like we had a whole army, lol. At the end is where me and my few ladies came in and confronted the Union . SO MUCH FUN! The crowd went crazy. They didn't expect anything like this, especially woman coming out caring Muskets. The reenactment was free and was from 12-4pm. During that time we as reenactors treated the spectators as if they were part of the town. They would ask us when the battle was going to start, and we would respond, "Well, I sure hope there isn't one. I hear the Union is on their way, but let's pray we do not have to go to battle on this beautiful spring afternoon”. Then all of a sudden the canon went off and the Mayor asked all the spectators to evacuate to their respected seats and let us reenactors take over.

My little fam. Dad (Mark is off to war up in Utah..working, lol). This was my new dress I had just finished right before we went.


Doesn't get my sweeter than this.

This was our spot in the shade for the day. Had to keep evacuating every time the Yanks came in. After the first skirmish I took a risk and left my dulcimer there, too much to try to grab the kids when the canon went off and then haul all my stuff.


My three beautiful babies sitting on their wooden stools on our wool blanket during the day. Such good kids they were. They had a lot of fun. No modern toys were allowed or food. We had to keep the blue Gatorade hidden. They played with their marbles, hoops and sticks, and wooden swords we made. William just asked, "How many more days till the Civil War comes again". They enjoy watching the the men fight and die and being a part of it all.


Boys couldn't wait to come take a peak at that "loud canon" over their.


Thomas by the pond


I saw this from a distance and thought it was adorable. My sweet innocent boys just watching the ducks


Lydia gave up on her bonnet about an hour into the day. I think I'll braid it next time.


My two dear friends playing with me while I sing.


Our Confederate boys



Ready for war


President A. Lincoln


General Robert E. Lee


Morning introductions


Ladies Militia

I was asked by Col. Scott to be the Capt. of the Ladies Militia and portray a true incident that happened in Georgia during the Civil War. There was no one left to defend their town so the Ladies (who had been practicing drills and prepared to defend their town and firesides for two years) gathered up arms and marched out in front, prepared to give their life to preserve their town.

Yanks trying to move the Ladies Militia out of their way.


Mayor trying to bring us to a compromise


Yanks ran our men out of town


Confederates won this skirmish

0 comments: